The Part I Didn't Tell You About My Valentine's day ❤

Business was a priority and of course, I was too busy to help out. She had told me some days earlier that she found someone to help her deliver the package but I wasn't happy. "So, I will be traveling very early to Lagos tomorrow morning," she told me while we were on the phone. I couldn't even get to see her or kiss her goodbye. Well, she was actually coming back but there are these kisses that people in the movie give when you going somewhere, I wanted to. I went to sleep like a baby knowing that my lady just told me she loved me before she hanged up the call, the night was filled with fantasy, and tomorrow is valentine. 

...............

Just like every other day, my alarm woke me up by 5 AM and I went out for prayer. I usually sleep immediately I am done, especially since I've got nothing to do. Oh! Before I slept back, I picked up the phone and sent her a message wishing her a safe journey. It wouldn't be easy and I won't be there. The least I could do is send her some love.

"Le, lelele, lele," my phone rang. Vibration by Fireboy, that was my ringtone. It was a new number that had called me. "Hello, Is that Tomiwa? I'm being asked to deliver a package to you. Please, where do you stay?" Oh! Wow! I got a package. Do I have an Anon? Maybe I do. I described my place to her and went outside to wait. She was on a bike coming from the junction and I was on a singlet and a Chelsea short. Pathetic! 
"So, this is for you, and this too. Happy Valentine's Day to you. Can you guess the person that sent this?" I knew she was trying to play games with me thinking I was going to mention another person's name. Actually, I didn't have an Anon. It was always my lady and I knew her trademark. She persisted in knowing about my guess and I told her. We both smiled. Maybe if I had told her the wrong name, we would have both cried. 

Before I could turn back and return to the room with the package, the hyping started. Turns out the people in the house had already seen me. You bunch of single asses! Get yourself a babe like mine. I kept on teasing them. I called her and thanked her, she was already on the bus. She was out to deliver packages to other people while someone else delivered her own package to me. Freaky freaky love! 

Within an hour, my people and I consumed the package except for the cake and wine. I was going to wait until she was back. Hopefully, she would arrive by 8 PM at most. The day went on and I saw different people posting about love on social media, it was all good until I started calling her number and it was switched off. Which kind rough play is that one?

I called and called and called. It was still switched. Then I remembered her phone had some issues and I should have given her my phone instead to travel. But............... Ko possible, ko de neccestry because she has all the passwords. If you know, you know. 

It was 5 PM already. Fortunately, she called while I was already getting worried. She told me she was already on the bus and that her phone was giving her issues. Oh! I knew it. I asked her how her day went and she narrated all the ordeal she went through. I told her I was going to give her the best massage she could ever imagine when she is back. She smiled, knowing that the massage was passing a message. Oh ma chisos!  
"Ok, so I would call you in an hour's time to monitor your movement," I told her as we were about to end the call. Everyone knew I was panicking already and when they saw the smile on my face, they all smiled too, because there is still cake and wine. It was an hour already and I called her number. It wasn't going through. Maybe the network was bad. I called her the following hour and it wasn't going. Earlier between those hours, there was an accident in Lagos and my body temperature was already rising. Abi the Devil wan dey whine me ni? It's not possible. 

It was 9 PM already. I kept calling and calling. Eventually, Ayomide, one of our best friends, called to tell me that her phone was switched off already but she still spoke with her a few hours ago. She was also at Akure and couldn't come back home due to some known reasons. My mind calmed down a little. I was already outside waiting for her, along with few persons in the house. Every motorcycle that passed raised my hormone to think she was already back. 

What if the accident happened after she called Ayo? No, it can't be. What if she already went home directly in Lagos? Yes! But she would have found a way to call me already. What if she wanted to surprise me by making me miss her? Okay, girl, you'd better stop that stupid surprise and come out of that hiding dock, we ain't doing Bonnie and Clyde here. I kept asking my question. I was apparently the only person they would arrest if anything goes wrong. It was 11 PM already and she is still not here. 

Everyone had gone inside and I was left alone outside. I went in to pick my cardigan because I wasn't used to the cold. They say "Wait for your love by any means possible." Yes, I changed that. It's supposed to be "Fight for your love by any means possible." Well, I was doing one of them. I still kept trying her number. You don't need to believe this but I wasn't feeling cold again, I was feeling some liquid in my eyes. It was late already and the son of man is yet to get home. 

There was this song she loved very much. Wait for me by Johnny Drille. I was always listening to the song but I didn't know I was going to need it a lot tonight, the lyrics hit harder and differently. Oh! Then I thought, what if she had gone to meet another guy and I am sitting down here in the cold singing wait for me? The 'what if's' kept occurring, but I knew the cheating part wasn't part of it. Holy Spirit told me though. 

It was already 1 PM and I ran out of things to think. The neighborhood was dark and quiet already. I was already feeling heat instead of cold. I took a walk to the main road to look at everyone passing, there was no sign of her. Well, maybe the wait is over. They also said, "If you've waited long enough, learn to know when to quit." I don't know the person who said it, I just quoted it. I kept walking back home, locked the gate, and went into my room. I could have easily slept but I couldn't. I picked up the phone and called my best pal, Rotimi. I told him everything and he could sense the fact that I was almost crying. He told me to calm down and pray. If there is one thing about Fako, it's the fact that if you tell him you have an issue, the first thing he would tell you is to pray. I really cherish him for that. We talked a little and after that, I decided to take a nap at 2 PM

"Tomiwa!" I heard the voice in my dream. How could someone be so clear to call my name in the dream and I would be hearing in real life? "Tomiwa!!" Oh my God! That's my lady. I flew up immediately and checked the time, it was 4 PM, and I must have really slept in my nap. I went straight to the gate and opened it. I couldn't even get angry, or do anything. I was actually speechless. I held my head in my hands and she kept asking what was wrong. Everything is wrong, baby. Everything. 

She went to the bathroom to clean herself up and I was helping out. No! I didn't say I was in the bathroom. Now you are thinking I was in the bathroom because I said I wasn't there. I said I wasn't there, dead that thought. The rest of the night was a fantasy. She narrated everything that happened to her and the good part of me said "See your life, you see what happened," and the bad part of me kept saying "what of the message you promised her? She needs it now." She later fell asleep and I kept on looking at her face till I fell asleep too.
The little things you never focused on, they matter in every situation of love. No matter how angry or stiff headed you want to be, there is always a part of you that never stops loving. Memories also, they are the best thing you can keep with you. There will be a day when you'd let out that smile after you remember someone for something they did, that's the passion of love still living within you. No matter how the world has twisted the definition, remember that love will never cease to exist. Thank you for reading

'Detayo Ayotomiwa

Comments